Thursday, December 29, 2011

Halfway there!

First, this!

Danielle Feliciano is one of the most talented, free-thinking illustrators I know. We both graduated from SCAD and I esteem her, and the brush she wields, very highly. Her art has a crystal clear voice, and it's beautifully amplified through its execution. This is different than the past 2 projects I've plugged, which is why I think you should take a minute and watch the video. Support her if you can. This is going to be a brilliant project to follow! Click the image to watch!

So, I hope everyone had a great holiday break. I really wanted this announcement to be a video update, but couldn't make it happen. Maybe next time!

The past couple of months have been quite the trek for me, artistically. The holidays never seem to perpetuate productivity, and these past two months have been no exception. But, with only a couple of days left in 2011, I'm extremely pleased to announce that Dust Bunny has finally hit the half way point! With (roughly) 80 more pages to go, plus a handful of revisions, this story is well on its way to actually being told. I've read this thing more times than I can count, and at the end of the day...I'm really pleased with it. So, here's a snippet from the (in-progress) midway point in the book.

With that being said, I wanted to once again express my gratitude to everyone who has financially backed this project. Because of your support, I have been able to dedicate 5 months (interruption free) to the production of this book. Truth is, I don't know if this story would have ever taken its first breath were it not for you. That's a blessing I still can't get over, folks. So, here's to Dust Bunny's 160+ adoptive parents!

Subsequently, the start of 2012 marks my leap back into the freelance world. In order to keep the book going, I have to keep myself going by taking on work. It's hard to tell how this will affect the book's progression. But I have every confidence in its completion in the beginning months of 2012.

So, thank you all, again! Here's to being half complete! Or...half incomplete, depending on your outlook on life. But really, isn't it all about what's in the glass that counts?

No comments:

Post a Comment