Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ain't No Potty Like a West Coast Potty...


This was a promo piece I put together for the novel a week or so ago. I like. I like it a lot, actually. But I don't love it. Any artist will nitpick their own work until there isn't any more nit to pick. Not even sure what a nit is, but apparently, if you pick enough of it you can either perfect what you're doing or completely ruin it. It's a fine line. And it probably got that fine by someone nitpicking it from its original thickness. There's an inking joke in there somewhere, but I digress...

This illo may warrant a revisit later. But for the most part, I think this really encompasses what this character is supposed to represent in the story. He's one of my favorites in the book, actually.

There are two other comedians that flank him. Maybe I'll do a triptych of "cheap flyers" like this one to showcase each one of them. We'll see. Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment