Monday, July 11, 2011

A Chip off the old blog.


Today marked the near completion of page 7. A few tweaks here and there, and it'll be solid. With the necessary history lesson (and the more environmentally driven artwork) almost wrapped up in the first 9 pages, I'll be ready to move into more character based work this week. And I'm really pleased with how everything has come together up to this point. I can already see my art improving since page 1. So, it's quite invigorating.

However, as productive as today was, half of my creative time was split between the above image's page and Joshua David Matthews' film Dawn...


It was laborious and meticulous, but we finally found the voice for his film's branding. This is the final poster for his movie. We tested out a number of on-location photo concepts, but in the end (and maybe it's because I'm in graphic novel mode) we went with something a bit more stark and representational. Collectively, I think we're both very pleased with where this ended up. And for me personally, it was a nice opportunity to stretch my legs in other areas of design.

You can also see the theme carried over into the website, as well as the really sharp press kit that we put together for the film. Once again, if you haven't taken the time, go check out the blog for Dawn. And check out the trailer on the main page above. It's good stuff.

Speaking of dawn, it approaches with every waking moment. Time for the bedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment